Wednesday, January 16, 2008

4 hours later

I think the seriousness of what I've just committed myself to is starting to sink in.. London to Paris. On a bike. Sacré bleu!

Unfortunately, I think that I'm starting to turn into one of those annoying "cycling bores" because when I got to the pub tonight, rather than really talking to anyone, I started pouring over the latest Evans cycle brochure thinking about all the gadgets and bits and bobs I am going to "need". And even worse, I started to bore everyone with the various details, pros and cons of each of the bits and bobs I now want to buy.

Please god, don't turn me into a "cycling bore". I hate people who constantly wax lyrical about the sport they do and can hold no other form of conversation. Please, please, please don't let me become one of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - I have to admit that you bored me.

Trying to "Panda" said...

Says YOU!! YOU who spent the night saying (insert nerdy voice) "eehh If i run home tomorrow I'll have run 16 miles this week".