Monday, April 03, 2006
There has too be more to life than just a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes
Today is one of those days that you imagine end up thinking "God I've just wasted 9 hours of my life that I'm NEVER going to get back". I have NOTHING to do. I'm still bored after having done all of the following:
1) Read all my favorite blogs (like Design*Sponge, Dooce, and am looking at The Julie/Julia Project), and realised I'm no way in their league. I don't have Dooce's humour, or the Design*Sponge's lust for all things beautiful, or even The Julie/Julia Projects purpose in life)
2) I've gone looking at Ikea for a new lamp to go behind my lovely new couch (which is coming on Thursday)
3) Tried throwing money at the problem, by trying to go online shopping for make up I'm not sure I need (can I really justify £20 on some loose powder to put on top of the foundation I'm now wearing daily)
4) Chased up every person I need to (and some people I don't) for work....
5) Eaten my second bowl of Crunchy nut cornflakes, without milk, like a bowl of chips. And contemplating my third bowl....
And yet, I still have nothing to do. It does make you wonder "what the hell am I doing? I'm NEVER going to get this time back" PLUS I don't just want to think "god i wish this day was over" because if you end up doing this every working day of your life, (of which there are approx 9685 of these). Again, maybe I should think about a career change. If anyone has had a dramatic change in their lives, and wants to let me know how it went (was it worth it (almost everyone says "yes" don't they?)).
So what am I doing tonight to combat this? Going down to the pub to lose at the local pub quiz. Again.