Monday, February 13, 2006

Reasons I've Discovered That "Me Time" Is Wasted On People Like Me

I hear over and over again people say "Take a little bit of time to be by yourself. Use the time to reflect and relax. Just getting away from the world for a while will make you feel refreshed, and like a phoenix rising from the ashes, you'll be ready to take on the world again".

This week, I have the house all to myself, since my flat mate has abandoned me on my birthday week, to go gallivanting around France and Italy for the Olympics. So on my first night, yes, I've got all the remote controls in easy reach, yes I can watch Desperate Housewives and American Idol without hearing "WHY ARE WE WATCHING THIS CRAP?" (because I like it, I'm not ashamed), yes, I have a lovely bottle of wine chilling in the fridge ready for me to consume at a moments notice, and yes, I even have the obligatory scented candles wafting lovely scents around the room. So how do I spend my first night alone?

Cleaning light switches with toothpaste.

I am so sad.