Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Too Bitchy? You decide

My flat mate have known each other since uni, and we've now been living together for the last 5 years. We've gone through this whole process of moving to Britain together, making friends together, Christmases, New Years, family disasters, deaths, the whole lot. Now he has decided that he's had enough of the UK and is leaving me to go home to oz in a few months time, and after 5 years living together, this is our last year for things (you know, last Christmas was THE last Christmas, last New Year's was THE LAST new years, etc, etc, you get the idea).

At the moment, he is traveling around France with his brother, sister-in-law and baby, so this is the first time in the last 6 years he hasn't been around for my birthday, which to be honest I was quite miffed about.

Having heard nothing from him all Sunday (or weekend actually), I sent him a text asking him some inane question, to which he replied with "will be home Tuesday, off to Paris on Friday".

That's it.

Nothing else.

Nothing even remotely like:
"Hope you will HAVE a happy birthday"
or "Hope you are HAVING a happy birthday"
or even "Hope you HAD a happy birthday".

Nothing.
Nada.
Ziltch.

So when I get a text this morning with only "landing at 10pm tonight" I'm considering replying with one of the following responses. Too bitchy? Answers on a postcard:

Response 1: "Ok, won't cook you dinner. Birthday was good, thanks for asking. Oh wait. You didn't"

Response 2: "Ok, will forget to cook you dinner. Like you forgot my birthday. Thanks"

Response 3: "Why don't you fuck off you bastard, since clearly you've completely forgotten. Btw, I've cleaned out your room, and you can go home to Oz this week if you like"

Yes, I'm pathetic. Yes I'm needy. But man, I'm pretty pissed off too.

No comments: