I grew up in Sydney, I went to a relatively posh school, and I do not have a twangy accent.. I have no desire to marry my brother or my cousin or anyone related to me in anyway shape or form. But I'm slowly realising that I am a bit of a sucker for songs with a country style guitar and (heaven forbid) if you throw a harmonica in that mix, well god damn! Stick a cowgirl hat on me, call me darlin'.
My current playlist contains some all time rootin' tootin' songs:
Play list name: Guitars & Harmonicas
- Switch It On - Will Young (yes yes yes, I know, but you have to hear the harmonica bit at the end... for some reason I really like this song)
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skinner - guilty shame that I really like this song..
- Gonna Make You Love Me - Ryan Adams - I dislike all his other stuff.... so it's ok to like at least 1 song!
- Trike - You Am I - Aussie rock, again that almightly harmonica.. and the slightly stalkerish lyrics that go with it.
- Billy - You Am I - Same again
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet : to try and someone redeem myself.
HOWEVER I have never, nor do I have any desire to listen to any of the following:
- All My Exes Live In Texas
- Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye
- Her Teeth were Stained, but her Heart was Pure
- I would Have Wrote You a Letter, but I Couldn't Spell Yuck!
- Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better
- I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone than Another Night With You
and the all time favorite:
- You're the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly