Friday, May 26, 2006

Rum, Pirates and a big fuck off Volcano

I'm going to Saint Martin tomorrow, and instead of going to Hay on Wye and missing Godzuki on a night out, I get to worry about the volcano on Montserrat blowing up like this:


I don't think I'm being overly paranoid, as the volcano's dome collapsed 3 days ago. A quote from the Daily Herald:

"Residents of Montserrat were warned to stay indoors Saturday as the Soufrière Hills volcano belched ash and gas into the air, sparking fears of another major eruption."


That's just fucking great isn't it. I finally go to the Carribean, get a tan, run away from pirates and drink rum, and now I have to deal with the local VOLCANO wanting to errupt and kill everything in a 200km radius. AND if, by some fluke of luck we don't die due to the cloud of toxic gas, or the falling pumice stones or suffocation due to ash in the air, then maybe the giant tsunami could take us out, after Montserrat crumbles into the North Atlatic Ocean.

Fan-fucking-tastic. I can't wait.

No comments: