Saturday, September 16, 2006

Charlie

Having finally got back from my annual jaunt home to Sydney, and getting over my jetlag (which has left me fine in the day times, but as soon as 10pm hits, I turn into the biggest grizzly bear, growling about how I want to go home now, and swiping with my claws out at anyone who won't let me do that).

I'll go into the highlights of my trip in a few days, after I work them out, but one of the most exciting things that's happening at the moment has to be me getting Charlie. My cello.

I have been obsessed with learning the cello ever since I saw The Living Daylights (Timothy Dalton's first Bond film), where the main girl in peril was a cello player, and Bond used it to steer their way to saftey to Switzerland.

So in about 30 mins, 3 of us are about to start our first day at the ELLSO, the East London Late Starters Orchestra, where if you've never played a string instrument, this is the Orchestra for you! The Magic is about to learn the violin, my friend from Oz and I are about to embark on our orchestra careers as celloists!

I am very very very excited about this. Watch this space for how our rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star went!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know nothing about Bond? It was Austria.
k

Trying to "Panda" said...

Shurrup, twas a mistake..