Monday, September 04, 2006

Crickey

I can't believe that Steve Irwin's, aka The Crocodile Hunter, is dead. And I also can't believe that I heard about second hand from someone in the UK. I've just flicked on the tele and as you'd expect, the Chanel 9 news and A Current Affair (the Aussie tele news of the Sun and News of the World, without the page 3 boobs) have just dedicated 30 mins to the Crocodile Hunter (cause obviously nothing else has happened in the world) and there are millions of superlatives about the Steve being "larger of life, a passionate bloke - the Real Deal, and a true blue Aussie Icon".

Despite the irony of how it happend, it really is sad that he's gone. I guess I'd never really thought he'd die. It's just a bit of a pity that the Aussie news has turned this story into a 30 minute episode of sloppy mush.

No comments: