Monday, June 12, 2006

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Wow, talk about going football crazy. I've woken up at 5.55 this morning to come into work at 7.30 so that my boss can't say a word to me when I fuck off for 2 and a bit hours to watch our mighty Socceroos in our first world cup game since 1974! I think that the incredibly early start (I don't get up before 7.50 unless I have a plane to catch), listening to Jump Around by House of Pain and the sweltering heat at 7am this morning have made me slightly mad, as a) I'm really excited, b) I'm in a really fantastic mood.

Australia vs Japan: Kick off at 2pm. Aussie Aussie Aussie! OY OY OY!!

(Though even more embarrassingly, in an email I just sent to people reminding of them of which fine drinking establishment I will be going to to watch the game, I just got that chant wrong. Oh god. How embarrasing.)

No comments: