Monday, August 14, 2006

Say it with Tomato Sauce and M&M's

I really don't know what to make of this. My M&M's and My Heinz are the latest brands to allow you to customise their labels with your messages (though I don't know too many companies in the UK that let you do this).


My M&M's allow you to write your message, select your M&M colours and the packaging that goes with it. On their site they've got example messages like "Express yourself" and "Say it Sweetly" but obviously if I did this I would put messages like "Get Fat Here" or "Eat this" or other very grownup messages. I don't know why exactly you'd want to do this, but if this is something that interests you, please I beg you do not put lovey dovey cutesy messages on your chocolate.. There's a reason why It should not be valentines all year round.

"MY FRIES LOVE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP"
A more saucey version (sorry couldn't resist) is an offering from "My Heinz" where they've got different bottle types you can put your personalized message like the original bottle, the squeezy bottle and the little pots of sauce and mustards. On their website they've got occasion suggestions for when you would want to have these, such as showers, birthdays, tailgating (what the hell is this anyway?), graduation, weddings and anniversary. I ask you, why would you want this for a wedding or anniversary??? Here darling, happy anniversary, I got you a bottle of high fructose corn syrup flavoured with tomato to smother your deep fried, starchy, high fat chips with. Does this really say "I love you" better than a Hallmark card?

No comments: