Friday, August 25, 2006

Your Friday Moment of Zen: Five O'Clock World

(pic from here)
I'm currently obsessed with songs from the 60's: The Rolling Stones "Can't Always Get What You Want", Beach Boys "God Only Knows" (that's clearly Big Love related). Plus the Good Morning Vietnam soundtrack is getting a good workout: Them "Baby Please Don't Go", The Marvelettes "Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead", I really love Martha Reeves & The Vandellas "Nowhere To Run".

Though the song that I've got on endless repeat for the last hour has been by The Vogues "Five O'Clock World":

Up every mornin' just to keep a job
I gotta fight my way through the husslin' mob
Sounds of the city poundin' in my brain
While another day goes down the drain

But it's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows
No one owns a piece of my time
And there's a five o'clock me inside my clothes
Thinkin' that the world looks fine, yeah
Holiday, yeah...

Tradin' my time for the pay I get
Livin' on money that I ain't made yet

Gotta keep goin', gotta make my way

While I live for the end of the day

Have a good 60s inspired zen like Friday!

No comments: